Friday 20 August 2010

Soar Community blog - On your bike, out of pocket and only 708 days


It’s been a crazy week. Sky Ride is now only a week away and the preparations for the Community Media Centre at Phoenix Square are taking up much of my time.
There were two pieces of rather different news last Friday. Firstly, I had a superb visit to Self Unlimited Shangton, where the East Midlands Special Olympics Cycling Team all train, followed by the breaking news of financial problems at the Phoenix.
Now any of you who have been following my blog from the start will know that the excellent Film and Digital Media Centre, known as Phoenix Square, features quite prominently in our community media plans. I’m not going to spend precious words retelling the story here, but suffice to say, I’ve always done my best to bring people into the building – taking Workspace 19 for the Wave Newspaper, running two Leicester Documentary Club events here – I just think they need to be more open about working with partners who work with all the city’s communities. I hope it survives.

No comments:

Post a Comment