Wednesday 15 September 2010

Nearly 3 years....

It's been nearly 3 years since I started up Citizens Eye. After the success of the Media Centre for Sky Ride we are planning the next one for the Leicester Marathon on Sunday 10th October. I'm also having a meeting with Geoff Rowe of the Comedy Festival about running a Media Centre throughout their event in February 2011....should be a laugh!! Pun intended.

Plans are picking up speed for Community Media Week that takes place between 8-13th November. It's a full timetable of events & activities across the city & county. This is the reason I've been looking for previous reports or studies that we took part in to build a portfolio of evidence for.....well I'm not sure who but I guess its reflection time. It will 3 years to the day I went to prison on 5th October (2007).

One of the Governor's of HMP Welford Road (where I spent the first week) has asked me to visit his office at the prison to discuss going back to talk to prisoners about 2nd chances & opportunities when they are released. It will be a real challenge to walk back through the gates that I entered in the back of one of those big white trucks but it should help.



No comments:

Post a Comment